By far the most popular service we offer! Very good value for money and is an assessment of the full bike to ensure it's in full mechanical order. Every bike is test ridden before and after the service, to ensure all issues have been rectified.
No added labour charges, should your bike require any new parts during the service there will be no fitting charge to pay, for example, if you book your bike for a Economy Service and your bike needed a new tyre you would pay:
Economy Service: £35.00
New Tyre: £12.00(total cost of part)
Tyre Fitting: Free
2. Headset checked/adjusted to ensure smooth movement without excessive play or resistance. Stem bolts tightened to correct torque.
3. Handlebars checked for cracks,
Inspected for damage, clamp bolts checked and tightened to correct torque, cable adjuster bolts wound all the way in, cable ends inspected for damage, lever blade pivots lightly oiled
Inspected for damage & correct function, gear cable inner and outer exposed to check for damage, gear shifter internals lightly oiled.
4. Visually inspect forks for damage and test for correct function
v-brakes & caliper brakes:
Pads checked for wear and realigned, calipers lightly oiled on frame/fork bosses, brake cables tensioned for correct set up, adjuster screws tweaked for even braking.
Disc rotors checked for buckles and tightened, calipers adjusted to ensure best possible brake performance.
5. Tyres visually checked for imperfections and tread wear, bead checked for correct fitting to rim. pumped up to the correct PSI
6. Rims inspected for damage, wear and trued if needed. Spokes are also checked for damage and correct tension.
7. Wheel bearings are checked for play and adjusted to ensure smooth operation.
8. Pedals tightened, inspected for damage, bearings inspected for play or roughness during operation.
9. Front mech checked for damage and correct alignment. pivots are lightly oiled
10. B.B checked for play/creaking during operation crank bolts tightened to correct torque. Chainset chainrings inspected for wear.
11. Chain cleaned and relubed with good quality chain oil, every link inspected for damage. Chain measured to check wear.
12. Rear mech hanger checked for damage. Rear mech inspected for correct set up, full gear set is then fully indexed.
13. Freeweheel/cassette tightened and checked for wear.
14. Seatpost inspected for damage, check the limit line is not above seatpost clamp, cleaned and regreased, refitted to frame